Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:14:22 +1100 (EST)

Harald Koenig wrote the following:

> On Mar 17, Steve Dodd wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 11:15:07AM +0100, Harald Koenig wrote:
> >
> > > pardon me, but is 2.1 released at all ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I checked prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/glibc/ and there I only can find
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp ftp 86 Feb 11 16:25 glibc-2.1-README
>
> saying
>
> glibc-2.1 has been (temporarily) removed, until some
> political issues are worked out.
>

> so, when will glibc 2.1 really be available and which "political issues"
> have to be worked out (for more than a month now) ?

Yeah. I'm kinda suprised about that not being resolved yet. Basically
you had to have been lucky. Either you got it before it was withdrawn,
you managed to find it in some dark corner of the net or you managed
to get it off a friend who got it. Other then that you're SOL.

I've managed to get ahold of it. the 112->2.1 patch, 2.1 crypt lib and
2.1 linuxthreads.

None of this, ofcourse, helps to answer your question but I felt like
'bragging' ;)

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

An electricity provider of New Hampshire, US has advised it's customers that in the event of a power failure they can log on to its website for more information... - Paraphrased from the New Scientist, Feb 6, 1999