RE: Time for modutils-2.2.2-pre1

alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:17:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Fred Reimer wrote:

> Anyone have egcs-1.1.2 yet. It is supposed to fix SEGV's. It would
> be interesting to see if it works with egcs-1.1.2. I didn't have time
> to compile yet...

I've been using it in anger for the last few days since it went to public
release. So far it seems to be working very well. Most of the user space
applications I've re-built with egcs-1.1.2 seems to be much smaller.
Whether that is due to the newer binutils-2.9.1.0.22 or to the egcs-1.1.2,
I do not know, but smaller binaries are great! =)

I probably will rebuild glibc-2.1 soon to get the benefits of better
optimised code.

The only thing that got slightly bigger was the kernel but only by a few
hundred bytes. YMMV, though.

Cheers,
Alex

--