Re: Stuck shift key on one virtual console (2.0.36)

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:47:09 +0000 (GMT)

On 17 Mar 1999, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> dwguest@win.tue.nl (Guest section DW) writes:
>
> |> But reboot -- what a bad habit, when you have source..
> |> Next time, try, e.g., "kbd_mode -a".
>
> Pretty hard to type if shift is stuck...

I recently swapped keyboards on the fly when my machine was "live". I
didn't want to reboot it for that uptime. However, the keyboard didn't
reset itself to the required keyrate so I ended up having to bash the keys
for the required number of characters rather than just hold it down and
get auto-repeat. Is there an utility that tweaks the keyobard's attributes
for you? (I did reboot in the end - for 2.2.3 =)

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /_/\  Legalise cannabis now!