Re: DES module in kernel?

kernel@draper.net
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:02:05 -0600

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 08:25:58PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > It is worth it for MIT to try, and unlike Open Source, M*I*T is
> > a concrete institution with access to decent legal expertise.
>
> Not a bad idea.

Hmm... I wonder if MIT might agree to mirror/host ftp.kerneli.org.

There is a precedent, wasn't MIT a distribution point for another
other export controlled product developed by Phil Zimmerman?

Not many organizations in U.S. Government (and perhaps none at all)
have sufficent clout to squelch MIT.

Reed H. Petty
rhp@draper.net