Re: bind 8.2 will not compile with Linux kernel 2.2.3

Mark Orr (markorr@intersurf.com)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 02:48:40 -0600 (CST)

On 17-Mar-99 Alexander Viro wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, David Lang wrote:
>
>> bind 8.2 complains about /usr/include/linux/un.h
>> (which maps to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/un.h which is why I am
>> sending it to the linux kernel list as well as the bind-bugs list)
>> the exact error is

> sa_family_t is used as type name (which it is) but gcc didn't see
> the corresponding typedef, so it stares at the body of struct definition
> and sees unknown identifier in the place where the type should be. For
> what gcc cares, it is not different from
> struct foo {
> undefined_name bar;
> }
> sa_family_t is defined in linux/socket.h *if* you insist on using
> the kernel headers at all.
> What's wrong with sys/un.h, BTW?

For what it's worth, it compiled cleanly on Linux 2.2.3-ac2+OPLbeep using
glibc 2.1 libraries/headers. Though, as with the other BIND 8.2
snapshots, I did have to add a couple of #defines to
/src/port/linux/include/port_after.h -- namely:

#define HAS_INET6_STRUCTS 1
#define fds_bits __fds_bits

----
Mark Orr