Re: [OT?] Re: psaux problems with Logitech M-S48 OEM

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:48:08 +0100

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 09:32:43AM +0100, Patrick.Kursawe@ruhr-uni-bochum.de wrote:

> your suggestion to use it with the Mickeysoft Intellimouse driver does not
> help.
>
> - Everything except the wheel works fine with the normal ps2.
> - The pointer just jumps around when I try imps2
> - There is still no output on /dev/psaux when I tried imps2 and turn the
> wheel
>
> There are different models of this logitech mouse.
> http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/
> states that my mouse's wheel won't work with imwheel/gpm.
> But if you say that this is just a gpm issue, well... you are
> the expert :-)

I think I can reproduce this with my Logitech MouseMan (M-CV46). It doesn't
have a wheel, but has a fourth button instead. It seems to only support
the IBM PS2 and Logitech PS2+ protocols, and not the MS IntelliMouse nor
Logitech PS2++ protocols. I am contacting Logitech about that now.

Vojtech