Re: Stuck shift key on one virtual console (2.0.36)

Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@tripnet.se)
16 Mar 1999 17:04:11 +0100

Ben> Somehow when I was editing with Emacs this morning, the shift
Ben> key on my first virtual console became `stuck'. Now, when I
Ben> try to use shift on that console, the keypress is ignored,
Ben> and certain other keys are ignored too. For instance, if I
Ben> change vt to that console, I can't switch away with Alt+Fn.

This happened to me to, but with the Ctrl key under 2.0.36-ac15. This
only happened once...

Ben> I'm using a mechanical switchbox for keyboard and monitor
Ben> switching, so I switched to another machine and ssh'd in and
Ben> ran chvt to switch away. Then I killed the emacs and bash
Ben> processes running on the rogue vt, dropping back to the login
Ben> prompt there. But I can't log in since I can't type any
Ben> shifted characters.

Same here.

I have (had) been running 2.0.36-ac15 for month, before I started running
2.[12] kernels...

Ben> Suggestions? Is this something I did wrong or is it a bug
Ben> somewhere? I tried loadkeys just in case, but it didn't
Ben> change the behavior.

Upgrade to newer kernels? I guess 2.0 kernels isn't 'supported' any more
since we have a new stable kernel release... ?

--
Nazi quiche terrorist munitions smuggle explosion class struggle
Qaddafi Legion of Doom $400 million in gold bullion assassination