Re: UDMA not supported on my board

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:30:31 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, CaT wrote:

> Cool. Will this help with the HD problem? :) I did select the PIIX
> code in the current patch but it doesn't seem to have done anythign.
>
> BTW. the configuration help has the wrong filename listed there. It
> tells you to look at PIIX.c when the actual filename is piix.c.

Nope, currently on tunes for PIO via tuneproc.

I am haveing to consider at least three difference chipset tuning
functions for PIIX. Also determine how to impose speed limits on PIIX3's
with UDMA devices attached. There is more to all the different
implimentations of these chips. Most get it right with the BIOS and a few
completely goat-screw the design.

This is the problem that I am finding with the Aladdin V M5229 IDE, also.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy -- http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma/

APC UPS Daemon Support Center.
http://www.brisse.dk/site/apcupsd/