Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:39:34 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Chip Salzenberg wrote:

>> If the shared library isn't the one that everything else on the
>> system uses, then IT ISN'T SHARED.
>
>BUt it *is* shared by the various programs in the distribution of that
>specific package. That's not as good as using the default libc, but
>still an improvement over static linking.

Correct, however soffice binary is one app. They are not
separate binaries anymore with 5.0. So that advantage is nil.

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

The DVORAK keyboard layout RULES! I memorized it in 45 minutes and I don't think I'm ever going back to QWERTY!