Re: matrox-fb

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 16:11:11 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Matthias Runge wrote:

> I've got a question/bug-report for the matrox-fb-driver:
> booting with enabled framebuffer via
> lilo and command line
> video=matrox:vesa:0x114:fh:85kHz,fv=85Hz
> works very well. starting an X is possible, but quitting X
> leaves the screen blank. My monitor says signal error, horintal 27 kHz,
> vertical 42 Hz. This is too less to say, whats going on.
>
> I use kernel version 2.2.2-ac-7 and a matrox mystique
> graphics adaptor, but I experienced this in earlier releases, too.
>
> It would be nice, if somebody could give me suggestions, etc.

Another report about matroxfb:

I use matroxfb (dual headed but only 1 monitor attached to a matrox
mystique 220 ... the second card is a mystique 170).
I use X86_FBDev.
I use an MSS sound card.

When starting X FBDev server _while_ sound card is playing sounds crash my
machine ... solid lockup ...

Sometimes the machine crash when exiting X FBDev too but here I can SAK
and then ... problems over problems ... one time I have seen SCSI timeouts
... another time I have seen GPF's another time I have seen _nothing_ ...
another more time I have seen nothing (screen blank) ...

I would really like to help debugging this crashes (I ever thought that X
FBDev+kernel fb is _much_ more kernel-friendly than the X SVGA ... leading
to less kernel problems [read crashes] due to the lack of direct-io).

Ciao,
Riccardo.