Re: 2.2.2: Freeze (possible kb failure)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 16:33:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Stanislav Meduna wrote:

> The first time it happened was some late 2.1.x and appr.
> 4 times since then. It did not happened at any other
> occassion as the reboot. As this is very rare situation,
> I have no idea, whether kbd-reset kernel option helps.

It's happening spontaneously for me: never yet while I'm actually typing,
but in between sessions. I tried rebooting with kdb-reset this time, and
I got "Keyboard reset failed, no ACK".

I've tried swapping the Logitech mouse for a Digital one, because this
problem has only started occurring since I swapped them originally.

Tim.
*/