Re: 2.2.2-ac7 TCP ignores ICMP host unreachable ??

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:09:50 +0000 (GMT/BST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> > Its a heuristic some systems use. It breaks horribly on certain
> > kinds of ISDN dial on demand networks, and the RFC says its a
> > temporary error
>
> Arguably the router is broken -- it should hold the packets in a
> queue for a period of time before trying to send them.
>
> One day I'll look at hacking pppd to do this...

Use diald. It already does it and can do it with link types
other than PPP as well. It's not exactly new either... :-)

Mike

--
    A train stops at a train station, a bus stops at a bus station.
    On my desk I have a work station...