Re: 2.2.1: memory corruption and SIGSEGV handlers.

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@SCO.com)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:38:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

Good news - under 2.2.2 it does not seem to corrupt memory.
Bad news - it may well be that it still does corrupt memory but in a way
not-perceivable by a mere mortal.

It still seems worth fixing it as Mark described based on Single UNIX v2
comments, i.e. forcing default handling of SIGSEGV (while remaining
entirely in kernel space).

So, to summarize - under 2.2.2UP all I see when we overflow stack by
recursive invocation of SIGSEGV handler is that a process is busy in
kernel but still responsive to SIGINT and other signals.

Regards,
Tigran.