Re: add to the kernel TODO

Jason McMullan (jmcc@ontv.com)
3 Mar 1999 15:50:13 GMT

thoth@purplefrog.com wrote with confidence:
> The other thing is "what happens when the eject isn't a request?" as
> with old floppy drives. If you wanted to get clever you could "detect
> disk change" and force unmount the device (possibly killing processes)
> with a kernel message about lost data.

Why not simply modify the floppy driver to keep the floppy motor
on while the disk is mounted? People are `trained' not to eject
the disk while the light is on....

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc
  I can't wait until the point where free Linux CD's or other paraphenalia is