Re: pppd delay

Chris Wedgwood (cw@ix.net.nz)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:14:45 +1300

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 01:54:25PM -0800, Android wrote:

> I am still waiting for a reply to my question about the annoying
> pppd delay. I think this one has even the best of Linux masters
> stumped. Linus??? Alan??? Anyone? Don't tell me this is too
> difficult for you guys. Come on, reveal the answer to this
> incredibly tough question. What is causing pppd to pause for over a
> minute before it communicates with the serial port? If you guys
> still can't answer it, I will have to vandalize the source code.
> That won't be pretty.

need more details; for starters

which kernel version
which pppd version
which serial device you are using

(fwiw, it used to work here, not tried it recently, but I would expect
it to still work....)

<pause>

works here;

Linux caffeine 2.2.2-ac7-kuz-cw #6 Wed Mar 3 08:31:37 NZDT 1999 i686
pppd version 2.3 patch level 5
/dev/ttyS3

-cw