Re: [patch] af_unix fix for a panic a DoS and a memory leak [Re: [Real fix] Re: Kernel panic: can't

Michael Merhej (michael@pmcl.ph.utexas.edu)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:06:30 -0600 (EST)

Here is another error that crashed the machine this morning (this is
2.2.2 w/ maxfiles*2 patch)

Which patch(es) should I try? Should I combine both Alexander's and
Andrea's together? Should I try turning off SMP to verify SMP is the
problem?

Thanks

--Michael

syslogd logging below:

Mar 1 07:09:48 spider kernel: swap_duplicate at cc00: entry 0000cc00,
unused page
Mar 1 07:09:48 spider kernel: swap_free: swap-space map bad (entry
0000cc00)
Mar 1 07:09:48 spider kernel:
Mar 1 07:09:48 spider kernel: Out of memory for indexer.
Mar 1 07:10:01 spider kernel: swap_duplicate at ff00: entry 0000ff00,
unused page
Mar 1 07:10:01 spider kernel: swap_free: swap-space map bad (entry
0000ff00)
Mar 1 07:10:01 spider kernel:
Mar 1 07:10:01 spider kernel: Out of memory for indexer.