Re: autoloading mulitple SCSI modules

Bjorn Ekwall (bj0rn@blox.se)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:05:14 +0100 (CET)

Alan Cox wrote:
> > I'm using an ac patch to get support of my sym53c416 (thanks Alan) and my
>
> You mean thanks Lieven Willems. Merging the patch and checking it was
> sane was the easy bit. He wrote all the code...
>
> > conf.modules, I alias scsihostadapter to the aha152x. I've tried adding the
> > sym53c416 on both the same line and a new line and it has not seemed to
> > work. Is it possible to have both modules load auto-dynamically? The current
>
> You can use the "execute this command after loading the module" feature to
> load the second one, but I agree that seems kind of crufty.

I.e. "post-install aha152x /sbin/insmod sym53c416"
and "post-remove aha152x /sbin/rmmod sym53c416"
I agree that this is not the most beautiful solution, but unfortunately it
is the only one available at the moment. Something better has to be invented.
I'll take a look at modutils, but I guess that the _real_ solution will be
not be around until it is time for 2.3...

Cheers,

Björn Ekwall <bj0rn@blox.se>