Re: Weird tcp performance differences with 2.0 and 2.2 kernels

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:28:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Roeland Th. Jansen wrote:

>as I have a stalling windows <--> linux 2.2.1 setup here -- do you think it
>would benefit for me as well to get FTP's going etc ?

I don't know the windows TCP stack so I don't know. You may give a try, my
tree is rock solid here.

>if you need additional information, let me know and I'll take it off the
>list.

Yes, we need an interesting tcpdump trace to tell you what's going wrong.
But please send me _only_ the interesting part of the tcpdump (or better:
don't send me mbyte of data as first step ;), my parents will have to pay
at the end of this month for my 3kbyte ppp connection).

Andrea Arcangeli