Re: SCSI CDROM on 2.2.1

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:10:31 +0100

Lenart Gabor wrote:

> I have got similar problem :
>
> root@oxygene:~# strace eject
> execve("/usr/bin/eject", ["eject"], [/* 21 vars */]) = 0
> open("/dev/hdc", O_RDONLYSegmentation fault

Same deal. For ioctl the device _should_ be opened O_NONBLOCK -
then the open won't fail when there is not a valid media in
the drive.

> With inserted CDROM it worked.

Yes, the open won't fail when a medium is inserted.

> 1.5-6 Debian eject.deb package

Since this problem comes up every now and then I'll work up
a little write explaining the problem to the maintainers of
the various cd-tools packages. I'd appreciate input on
who should be informed.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer