Re: 2.2 network questions

Jim Bourne (jbourne@affinity-systems.ab.ca)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:09:16 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Vladimir Ivaschenko wrote:

> I tried the net-tools-rhcn RPM and it didn't help. Please try something like
> "ifconfig lo:1 10.10.10.10 ; ifconfig lo:1 down" and tell me the results. Yes,
> I multihome on lo due to the simple reason the machine has only PPP links and
> no Ethernet.

I found that when it is used on a different network, all kinds of problems
arise. The maintainers of net-tools have been notified and are aware of the
situation.

Regards
Jim

> --
> Best Regards
> Vladimir Ivaschenko
>

> -

James Bourne                  | Email:  jbourne@affinity-systems.ab.ca
Affinity Systems Inc.         | WWW: http://www.affinity-systems.ab.ca
Everything Unix               | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation