Re: A Problem With Sound I am Fed Up and see my problem its been

Dustin Marquess (jailbird@alcatraz.fdf.net)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:40:36 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Vishweshwar Saran Singh Deo "Surguja" wrote:

> Plese Read the Document Carefully and Forward it to other hackers or
> Driver Programmers.
>
> I have got a Aztech SC-16 3D Sound Card PnP (Plug and Play) with
> Windows-95. Also it is Sound Blaster and Sound Blaster Pro Compatable and
> Ol3 and mpu401 support added. It works Just fine in Windows with its
> Superb 3-D Sound, Stereo capability.
>
> PROBLEM: The Problem which I am facing is that It Plays music CD's from
> right speaker only and other formats from both and excellent. I have
> tried everything and now there is no config error.
>

> 1. There is no cable Fault as It plays the music CD's from both speakers
> in Windows.

I know Windows98 (I don't know about Win95) has an option to
use digital transfers to play CD music. With the digital option
enabled, the sound data goes through your IDE/SCSI ribbon cable, and
not through the CD audio cable, as it does in Linux. Therefore it
COULD be a cable and/or CD-ROM fault.

-Dustin