Re: Interrupts not being raised.

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:33:24 -0500

David Woodhouse wrote:

> gjohnson@research.canon.com.au said:
> > I have been able to confirm that our PCI card thinks that it is
> > raising an interrupt, but the interrupt routine never gets called. In
> > addition, checking /proc/interrupts shows
>
> I have a similar situation. We don't build the card, but we are reliably
> informed that the card shouldn't need any strange magic to persuade it to
> generate interrupts. I didn't believe them until I saw your message, and now
> I'm not so sure.
>
> If I initialise the card under NT and soft-reboot into Linux, then I get
> interrupts from it. Otherwise I have to make it share interrupts with
> the network card, and flood ping something to get my drivers to work :)

Perhaps the BIOS has not set up the motherboard interrupt steering
for this card. If you have a BIOS "non PnP operating system" option
in the BIOS setup, try toggling it.

Alternatively, it may be possible (anyone know?) to invoke the
BIOS "Set PCI Interrupt" function from Linux to configure it properly.

--
mlord@pobox.com