Re: Reset of SCSI bus

Wojtek Piecek (woju@camk.edu.pl)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:38:47 +0100

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 08:13:59AM +0100, Markus Braun wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to do a SCSI bus reset in a running system to get a scanner
> accessible, which has been powered on after booting?
> If it helps, I use a Adaptec 2940 controler.

Yeap, /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/scsi.c:

/*
* Usage: echo "scsi add-single-device 0 1 2 3" >/proc/scsi/scsi
* with "0 1 2 3" replaced by your "Host Channel Id Lun".
* Consider this feature BETA.
* CAUTION: This is not for hotplugging your peripherals. As
* SCSI was not designed for this you could damage your
* hardware !
* However perhaps it is legal to switch on an
* already connected device. It is perhaps not
* guaranteed this device doesn't corrupt an ongoing data transfer.
*/

--

Pozdrawiam, Wojtek