Re: [patch] real fix [Re: [patch] fixed 2.2.1 inode-leakage due bogus design of the free_inodes algo

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:43:56 +0200 (EET)

Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@e-mind.com> replied:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Alexander Viro wrote:
> > BTW, is there a decent way to create a cache from module? slabs
>
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(kmem_find_general_cachep);
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(kmem_cache_create);
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(kmem_cache_shrink);
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(kmem_cache_alloc);
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(kmem_cache_free);
>
> Looking at ksyms.c it seems just possible. I can't check better (more than
> look at ksyms.c) right now, but if you get in problems in doing that drop
> me a note and I'll take a better look soon.

Yes and No. kmem_cache_create() FAILS if the named cache
exists. However there is no kmem_cache_delete() which would
used to remove some module related cache... (IP*/TCP comes
to my mind as an example needing it.)

I have tried to resort to such esoteric tricks as having separate
permanently loaded submodule that just allocates the damn cache..
Please add that kmem_cache_delete() routine, and the world
will be better place to be.