cd copy over/under run

Thomas Molina (tmolina@probe.net)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:01:04 -0600 (EST)

Have any of you tried/noticed a problem with cd-cd copy when the cdrom
was on the same ide interface with the cdrw (especially under Linux). I
was given advice not to put the cdrw on the same ide interface as the
source you are copying from. That advice ended up with me having a hard
drive and the cdrom on ide0 and another hard drive and the cdrw on ide1.
I'd really like to have the two hard drives on ide0 and the cdrom and
cdrw on ide1 so I could improve performance by enabling udma support.
Since I was told there was a specific problem with cd-cd copy when the
cdrom and cdrw was on the same interface I'm a little hesitant. Maybe I
should just try it, huh?