Re: The kernal itself is low level assembly language

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
10 Feb 1999 01:54:01 GMT

In article <36C0DB78.4F0031A9@pobox.com>, Mark Lord <mlord@pobox.com> wrote:
>From this evening's chat session at msnbc:
>>[Chris_MSNBC says]:
>> <Eric Murray>: what programming laungauge is used in linux, is it all C
>> code? What do you think of Java, and will any launguage replace C as
>> the dominant language
>>
>>[Linus_Torvalds- says:]
>> The kernal itself is low level assembly language....it's just how things
>> are done.

Oh egads.

I wasn't actually typing - the company firewall makes that impossible,
and I don't like irc anyway, so I was actually on the phone to people
and they transcribed.

Is there a transcript anywhere, just so that I can check?

Linus