Re: The kernal itself is low level assembly language

Geoff Rivell (grivell@erols.com)
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 20:13:31 -0500

Mark Lord wrote:

> >From this evening's chat session at msnbc:
> >[Chris_MSNBC says]:
> > <Eric Murray>: what programming laungauge is used in linux, is it all C
> > code? What do you think of Java, and will any launguage replace C as
> > the dominant language
> >
> >[Linus_Torvalds- says:]
> > The kernal itself is low level assembly language....it's just how things
> > are done.
>
> huh?

ehhh.. You found that odd too? :)
Linus was in "party" mode at the time I'm sure haha.
Or the MSNBC guys can't type right/think right.

Geoff Rivell
Http://www.erols.com/grivell/
Home of 360+ bookmarks/Yahoo Style/Downloadable
Too Much Linux