Re: tcp_timestamps + VJ compression = trouble

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
10 Feb 1999 00:12:42 +0100

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.4.04.9902092253430.11730-100000@blackstar.xs4all.nl>,
<bvermeul@blackstar.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>This indicates that when tcp_timestamps is enabled, and VJ compression is
>used, the throughput is horrible. I've personally found the same problem
>on my system, using both the isdn version used in 2.2.1, and updated to
>the latest CVS version. I have no experience with normal PPP throughput,
>and can't easily test this, but highly suspect that this will have the
>same problems.

I tested it with normal async PPP over a 33k6 modem with Linux-2.2.1
and that works A-OK. It seem that the VJ bug is only in the ISDN
PPP code. This is possible since the ISDN stuff doesn't use the
normal PPP driver but has it's own copy (to support syncPPP and all
the weird options of ipppd).

Mike.

--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?