Re: documentation on writing a filesystem ?

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
9 Feb 1999 12:35:12 +0100

In article <cistron.36BFFDF3.C1A86E9E@dit.upm.es>,
Daniel J. Rodriksson <djr@dit.upm.es> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have checked Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt but I can't
>say it will make me a filesystem writer. :-)
>
>Any hints ??

Check out some simple filesystems, such as ROMfs and Minix. They
should give you enough of a hint to start working on your own FS.

Perhaps a look at my "rawfs" filesystem would help. It's a very simple
virtual filesystem that shows all partitions on a disk as big files
(so you can mmap() partitions, useful for software like INN+CNFS).

ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/kernel/v2.[02]/rawfs-0.X.tar.gz

Mike.

--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?