Re: Linux Graphics Architecture (format fixed)

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:39:33 -0600 (CST)

On 8 Feb 1999, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> all other solutions". Neither X nor anything else is the silver bullet
> in every possible scenario. Yes, there _will_ be people who want to
> run twenty Quake sessions [2] on twenty virtual consoles at
> the same time. Why must we satisfy the needs of _these_ people? We
> must satisfy the needs of _most_ people. And they either work _or_
> play. No need to build a solution which puts a penalty on those.
>
> Kind regards
> Henning

You still want to go the way of DOS. I remember downloading a JPG
veiwer called QPEG, and it had video drivers bundled with it.

Sounds a little like X, eh?

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2210 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2229 for the rich and the dead.
712 days remaining in the Raw Deal.