Re: Reboot while doing strace with 2.2.0

Nils Rennebarth (nils@ipe.uni-stuttgart.de)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:27:44 +0100

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 07:40:26PM +0100, Kurt Huwig wrote:
> Using SuSE 6.0 (glibc), Kernel 2.2.0 I got a (reproducable) cold reboot
> while doing a 'strace' on a Java-program, i.e. as if someone pressed the
> reset button, as a normal user.
>=20
> The same does not happen with 2.0.36.
This is probably the off by one bug (paper bag introducing) that was fixed
in 2.2.1. Try to upgrade.

Nils

--
---*
| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper            =
   |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.=
84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit   =

* W>working today and rise on easter?                                      =
   *

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--