[OFFTOPIC?] Re: 02/08-15:55 Automatic Omnigate Message (fwd)

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:02:58 +0000

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 10:34:32AM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Is anyone else getting these ANNOYING messages? (Attached at
> bottom) I've been getting them for 2 weeks now. I wrote a rude
> obnoxious letter to the folk there, was told to fuck off, to
> which I replied basically the same.

Yes, I've been getting them very intermittently for ages (I can't tell you
since when 'cos I delete the damnable things). I've never even had a reply.

> 2) Block postings to linux-kernel from *@necon.se

Don't think that will help -- we need to unsubscribe everyone in that domain,
I think. I suspect the messages we are getting are triggered every now and
then when vger tries to deliver list mail to a subscriber. I may be wrong.

> 3) Please send me an Omnigate super duper sending license (I'd
> prefer a wall mountable 14x11 copy if possible).

Don't give in :)

> 4) Do repetitive nmap scans in the necon.se domain with an
> attempt to bring down all of their machines and/or gain access
> and/or break root and fix their broken friggen configuration.

Break root? Can you say 'Windows NT'? :) Seriously though, this probably
isn't the way to go. Accidentally mis-configuring your mailer to auto-reply
10 times or so to each message from them should perfectly legit though..

S.

--
%DCL-MEM-BAD, bad memory
VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears