Re: Install Linux on Compaq ProLiant 5500 server, SMART-2SL SCSI

Bernhard Kaindl (bk@suse.de)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 20:51:20 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Hoang Manh Hung wrote:

> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:18:55 PST
> From: Hoang Manh Hung <hunghm102@hotmail.com>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Install Linux on Compaq ProLiant 5500 server,
SMART-2SL SCSI controller

> I have a Compaq ProLiant 5500 server with SMART-2SL SCSI controller.
> How can I install Linux there?

Please look at Compaq's press release:

http://www.compaq.com/newsroom/pr/1998/wa111298a.html

For the impatient:

Compaq Computer Corporation, the world's leading PC server vendor, today
released worldwide a prototype driver for Compaq PCI-based Array Controllers to
address the requirement for customers that use the Linux operating system and
require leading edge RAID subsystems and large amounts of external storage.
The Linux Driver for Compaq Smart-2 PCI Disk Array Controllers is beta software
that enables developers by providing them a source code base and
specifications.

Developers interested in the Linux Driver for Compaq Smart-2 PCI Disk Array
Controllers are open to further develop, test, and support it. Compaq does not
provide any warranty or technical support. The Compaq Linux Driver for Compaq
Smart-2 PCI Disk Array Controllers is provided under the terms of Version 2 of
the GPL General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.

For more details please refer to the notice and documentation provided with the
release on http://www.insync.net/~frantzc/cpqarray.html. The driver will also
be made available on www.kernel.org.

Please mail me if that helped you somehow.

Best Regards,

Bernhard Kaindl