Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #3235

Gary Anderson (ganderson@clark.net)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:56:55 -0500 (EST)

Thank-you ! I thought it was just me, or something I had set wrong in
'make config' ! Exactly same situation here ! I've reported it to Alan
already, a few days ago.

I've got an Adaptec 2940U (just Ultra, not Ultra/wide)

** Alan ** If you're reading this, here's some additional. I finally
found time to sit and investigate a little: It crashes out, just as Allen
says, right after the sda: without ever showing sda1, etc, with a
'General protection'. I tracked the EIP (0010:[<00187b91>]
back in the new System.map to the
following:

00185bf8 t ide_open
00185c98 t ide_release