Re: ATAPI Aiwa Bolt tape drive problem

Gadi Oxman (gadio@netvision.net.il)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:55:51 +0200 (IST)

Nolan,

The error below is not fatal. key 2, asc/q 3a/0 is "medium not present".
To eliminate it, place a media in the drive, stall the boot process
(for example, by pressing ALT at the lilo prompt) till the tape loads
the media, and than continue the boot process (I'll add code which
will get the tape capabilities on each device open rather than only
during boot / module load to solve this).

Unfortunately, tough, the AIWA tape drive is not working with Linux yet.
We have made some progress, and current kernels are at least able to talk
to the drive, but I received reports that only very small backups/restores
(less than 20kB) actually work.

Gadi