Re: Adding checkpointing API to Linux kernel

Steven Roberts (strobert@ata-sd.com)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:59:07 -0800

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> There's an overview list in Documentation/ioctl-number.txt. That's
> about the best you'll get.

oh...

Well is there any effort currently underway to document them?
If not, is there a desire to have better docs? I would think
there would be...

(hmmm... thinking I may have just voleentered :)

well, I'm porting some code that will be needing ioctls to linux over
the next few months. I'll start docs on the ones I use, and if people
think it is a good idea, I may try starting up an effort to document
all of them (or at least the most common ones)

Steve