Re: Status of ROOT_NFS feature?

Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:02:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Ruben Schattevoy wrote:

> I do have enabled "PnP support" and "Kernel auto configuration".
> Nevertheless I receive an error message on my diskless client.
>
> > VFS: cannot open root device 00:00
> > Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00
>
> Could you send me a copy of your ".config" file, so
> that I can check the difference? Which kernel version
> are you using?

I'm afraid that I don't have such a think handy now. However,
I have half an idea what might be happening. Can you tell me
a few things?

* What you're passing on the command line (and which bootloader
if i386)
* Does the net card get detected? (Scan bootup messages.)
* Are you configuring the IP manually, or is it getting done
via rarp or bootp?

Matthew.