Re: Adding checkpointing API to Linux kernel

Oliver Xymoron (oxymoron@waste.org)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:41:09 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> I am thinking about a registration facility
>
> ioctl_register( ... )
> ioctl_unregister( .... )
> /proc/ioctl_list

If these functions register callbacks, we can do away with a fair amount
of crufty switch code as well. I'd recommend that at least the ioctl
register functions (if not the syscall version) take an array of arguments
so that you can register multiple ioctls at once. Something like:

static const ioctl_reg my_ioctls[...] = {
}

void init_module()
{
ioctl_register(my_ioctls...);