Re: 2.2.0-pre8 SMP + SCSI nogo

Robert M. Hyatt (hyatt@cis.uab.edu)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:29:36 -0600 (CST)

On my quad xeon I have an odd problem with scsi on any 2.1 or 2.2
system. If I have the symbios set up to scan my lvds drives when I
power it up, it finds everything and correctly reports fast-40 and
so forth, but on bootup, I start getting oddball messages like keyboard
lost interrupt, HDA (cd rom on IDE) lost interrupts, and it hangs
pretty quickly (this an Intel SC450NX). If I simply tell the symbios
utility to _not_ scan devices (except for boot drive which is on a
different controller) at bootup, all works fine.

I've just ignored it since I have a workaround...

Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170