Re: That whole Netscape problem...

Linux account (linux@billabong.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 00:53:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> The other day I turned Java completely off in 4.08 and it has not
> crashed for nearly 3 days. This is with kernel 2.1.132.

Indeed. On 2.0.36 and 2.1.anything, I've seen Netscape eat the processor
and freeze with lots of those SIGALRM calls scrolling away to infinity.
Turn off Java and, though it hogs and hogs memory, it doesn't get into
this loop.

So, may I suspect the JVM? I hear a new JVM is coming in 5.

Yours,

John Hayward-Warburton
linux@billabong.demon.co.uk
http://i.am/computing