Re: knfsd status??

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:30:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, H.J. Lu wrote:

> > I am using 2.2.0-pre6 on i686. I tried knfsd-981204. I did not apply
> > any kernel patches (a quick look showed the patches were already
> > applied, I think).
>
> You may want to double check to see if all of them are in. I will
> take a look when 2.2.0 is released.

Hi HJ,

You would certainly be well-advised to check 2.2.0 yourself, but I can
report no problems whatever using Linus's current code. Alan Cox went
through his usual heroic efforts and fed them in bit-by-bit <g>.

Historically, if there any features to be tripped over in the nfs client
or server, I'll be guaranteed to stumble on them. All looks good here.

Steve