Re: *** draft 4 - press release ***

Alain Williams (addw@phcomp.co.uk)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:44:17 +0000

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 09:50:43AM -0600, Edward S. Marshall wrote:
> I would -strongly- suggest that someone have a lawyer look over the final
> result anyway, before it is released. I believe this is the first "real"
> press release that's been put together for a standalone kernel release, so
> it would pay to make sure we don't get anyone in trouble over it. Perhaps
> the kind folks at Linux International would be able to spare a suit for 10
> minutes or so? :-)

IBM seems to be keen to help. Their lawyers have even been reasonably
helpful recently, they might regard the time spent as training in the same
manner that the RAF regards picking stranded climbers off Scottish
mountains. Might they even be willing to lend a press-release-writer for
a day ?

Their help would, naturally, be acknowledged.

--
Alain Williams