Re: [TYPO] psaux detection in pre8

Eloy A. Paris (eparis@ven.ra.rockwell.com)
19 Jan 1999 15:58:40 GMT

Hi,

Mike Galbraith <mikeg@weiden.de> wrote:

> It looks to me like there's a typo in pc_keyb.c line 747. I think
> if (val == 0x5a && (status & KBD_STAT_MOUSE_OBF))
> should be.
> if (val != 0x5a && (status & KBD_STAT_MOUSE_OBF))
> This is what I had to do to get pre8 to detect my aux port anyway.
> (outputing 0x5a then checking for it after input is a test to ensure
> that we're talking to something other than latches yes?)

I don't know if it is a typo but the maintainer of this piece of code
told me to add these debugging printk's to pc_keyb.c:

if (status & KBD_STAT_OBF) {
+ printk("kbd status reg: 0x%02x\n", status);
val = inb(KBD_DATA_REG);
+ printk("got 0x%02x from kbd data reg.\n", val);
if (val == 0x5a && (status & KBD_STAT_MOUSE_OBF)) {
printk(KERN_INFO "Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.\n");
retval = 1;
}
}

I sent him the output of dmesg after booting with these printk's and
it looks like there is a problem in the detection logic. Can you try
thse printk and let us know what are the values of status and val?

peloy.-