Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: *** next draft - press release ***

Shalon Wood (dstar@pele.ml.org)
17 Jan 1999 22:40:44 -0600

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> > * Poor ISA PnP support. It's difficult to support well at all, but
> > the fact that it's currently done by a user-land tool that is
> > independent of kernel resource allocations is a serious problem.
>
> No thats not the problem really. The problem is that isapnp has a user
> interface flaw (it hasnt got one basically). If you had a nice Gnome/KDE/whatever
> GUI front end to isapnp you wouldnt even have noticed it wasnt in the kernel.
>
> Its a user-interface problem.

Hmm. isapnp just uses a flat file for configuration, right? That
shouldn't be too hard to do....maybe in my CFT I'll write something.

Shalon Wood

--
If breastfeeding a pig is sickening to you, what the hell are you
doing on usenet? -- Aimee, on rec.music.tori-amos