Re: C++ in kernel (was Re: exception in a device driver)

Marc Espie (espie@quatramaran.ens.fr)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 00:46:01 +0100

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.990116212706.19824B-100000@albert.math.psu.edu> you write:

>On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Anthony Barbachan wrote:
>
>> I haven't been crazy with most of the changes in the new standard of C++
>> either, actually I oppose many of them, but just because they are there
>> doesn't mean I'll be forced to use them either.

>Sorry, but it means that standard C++ is fundamentally broken. *If* one
>has to avoid some features at any cost it means that you are advocating
>usage of language different from C++. It may be a subset of C++, but it is
>*not* C++ per se.

Have you been using trigraphs recently ?
Do you feel forced to return structures in any program that you write ?
Do you feel obliged to use scanf and locales in any programs that you
write ?

Is C broken ?