Re: ISC's DHCP client

Gregory T. Norris (haphazard@socketis.net)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:47:15 -0600

Yeah, it seems to compile just fine for a 2.0 kernel, but then won't run
at all (at least not on my system) under 2.1. I tweaked the configure
script to force it to detect 2.2.0-preX as a 2.1 kernel... of course,
then it just won't compile at all. <g>

One individual's offered to send me a patch to allow the pl6 version to
compile under 2.2-0-preX, and I've also been advised that the problems
I've encountered should be cleared up in the source fairly soon. So it
hopefully won't be of concern for much longer.

According to the kernel documentation, all of the relevant utilities are
appropriately recent.

Thanx!