Re: Oops while trying to read out a data cd

Martin Maciaszek (fastjack@i-s-o.net)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 15:51:42 +0100

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Martin Maciaszek wrote:

> While trying to read out a data cd I ran into an oops. The command that cause the oops was:
> dd if=/dev/scd2 of=/dev/null bs=2048
> I was running a 2.2.0-pre7 kernel with aic7xxx built as a module. Attached you'll fine the output of ksymoops. I hope I provided all needed data.

I should have added which Hardware I'm using.
I'm using a P133 on a Triton board (GA-586ATE), AHA 2940UW, S3 968 and many other irrelevant hardware.

I downgraded my kernels gradually down to 2.1.131 and still got the same problems. 2.0.36 works fine.

Regards
Martin

--
This login session: $13.76, but for you $11.88.