Re: AIMS Labs radio card: frequency limit

David Lang (dlang@diginsite.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:20:23 -0800 (PST)

if someone sets these cards out of range what happens? if it is mearly
poor or non-existant reception, then let the driver set it to whatever and
let the manufacturer worry about the specs, like everything else - if you
use it out of spec you are on your own. If actual damage can be done, then
we need to have the driver limit the freq.

David Lang

"If users are made to understand that the system administrator's job is to
make computers run, and not to make them happy, they can, in fact, be made
happy most of the time. If users are allowed to believe that the system
administrator's job is to make them happy, they can, in fact, never be made
happy."
- -Paul Evans (as quoted by Barb Dijker in "Managing Support Staff", LISA '97)