[OFFTOPIC] RE: What is the most popular platform?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:23:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Eric Van Tassell 1 wrote:

> Mikie,
>Turn off the dork-o-matic when replying to emails or, if you feel a
>burning desire to insult people, take it private.

Who made you moderator of l-k?

I have a "burning desire" to not help companies that I feel don't
have the public interest at heart. In this case, burning enough
to mislead, but to do so in a rather humorous way (at least from
the 24 emails I received with various comments to the effect that
they enjoyed the good laugh).

At any rate, I have no sympathy for companies that close their
eyes to the free software world. Creative very much has been
that way for a while now, and didn't appear to be changing
anytime soon. It is comments like mine that cause enough shakeup
on mailing lists like this THAT CAUSE COMPANIES LIKE THAT TO TAKE
NOTICE, and realize that there are a lot of people out there that
are a potential market. A potential market that views your
company as bad, is not a good business move.

The recent public postings by Creative since the ruckus started
indicates to me that they DO INFACT want to have the Linux
market, and are willing to bend a little now. Personally, I'm
glad to see that, and if they come full circle, then I'll gladly
support their products with my wallet and my customers again.

IMHO though, they have a ways to go yet until they truely are
considered for the Hardware compatibility list.

If you don't like my comments, you might consider using the
procmail package. If you are unfamiliar with it, write me a
personal mail, I'll send you a URL and a filter rule with my
email address.

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net