Re: ISSUE: psaux does not load in 2.2.0pre6

Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Myr=E9en?= (johan.myreen@setec.fi)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:47:49 +0000

David Woodhouse wrote:

> alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk said:
> > Its a yes/no item now not a module

> Why? I only just managed to make it a module on all the machines I compile
> kernels for, so that they don't have to be rebooted just to plug a mouse in.

Short answer: because it merged with the keyboard driver code,
and the keyboard driver has not been modularized.

I'm not sure it is worth the trouble to modularize the keyboard
driver (maybe a y/n option for very special applications).

Is there a problem with always compiling the driver into the kernel
on machines you expect to use the mouse port? It doesn't use more
than a few K, especially now that it shares code with the keyboard
driver.

BTW, pre-8 (currently in testing) contains new detection code
that detects a mouse port without an attached mouse.

Johan Myréen
jem@iki.fi